Student Mac Lab Device Deployment Guide
End-User Computing Team
- Go to https://jamf1.rgu.ac.uk:8443
- Login with your delegated Admin user account.
- Select Computers > PreStage Enrollments – then select the correct PreStage Enrollment for the Mac.
(e.g. If we are setting up a Mac for one of the ABS Mac Labs for example - the correct PreStage Enrollment would be ‘RGU – ABS Mac Labs’)
- Once you have opened the correct PreStage Enrollment select Scope (next to Options), then click on Edit in the bottom right-hand corner.
- In the search bar at the top left, input the serial number of the Mac.
- Once the correct device is found check the box for the Mac and click Save in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Note: The Mac has now been added to a PreStage Enrollment group which allows for automated configuration of the device. This can take up to 1 hour for the Mac to pick up the configuration.
Please note that once a device is assigned to a PreStage Enrollment group it is enabled for Automated Configuration. The Mac will need to be wiped with a fresh macOS installation and will require a network connection to pick-up the RGU management configuration. Once the Mac reaches the welcome screen it should automatically progress and configure provide it has an active network connection.
The position within the device record in Jamf needs to be set to ‘STUDENT’ and also has to have the correct department and room number detailed to ensure the correct policies are being applied thus the correct software. These are prepopulated by assigning to the correct PreStage Enrolment group.